Call for Application: Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Fellows
The Law and Policy Forum for Social Justice (LAPSOJ) is a non-governmental organization dedicated to identifying and reforming laws and policies that are contrary to human rights in Nepal through strategic litigation. As part of our commitment to human rights law and policy reform, we are expanding our work in Economic Social and Cultural Rights (ECS) Litigation.
We are seeking Fellows; lawyers who are committed to human rights and are passionate about litigation. This is a part-time position initially for four-months [July-October 2018]. Selected Fellows will be provided a stipend for the duration and have the opportunity to work closely with high-profile domestic and international mentors.
Number of Position: 5-10
Duration: Four-months [July-October 2018]
- Conduct a lead research and law review in particular thematic ESC Rights guaranteed under the constitution of Nepal.
- Be part of wider litigation, training and research activity in thematic ESC Rights issue.
- Be part of three days ESC Rights capacity building training program organized by LAPSOJ and iProbono [Kathmandu: September 2018].
- Prepare a draft case on the assigned thematic issue and present it during the training in September 2018.
- Work closely with LAPSOJ team, other fellows, and with assigned mentors during the fellowship duration.
- Understanding of international human rights law and constitutional law in general and ESC Rights in particular.
- Registered in Nepal Bar Council and has litigation experience for more than 3 years.
- Good command in written and spoken Nepali and English.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.