The Law and Policy Forum for Social Justice (LAPSOJ) is an organization established by lawyers working in the field of rule of law, human rights, and constitutional issues. The organization holds an expertise in research and strategic litigation with some of the pioneer human rights lawyers of Nepal mentoring the organization. We are involved in jurisprudence setting litigation in the Supreme Court of Nepal.
LAPSOJ is seeking applications from qualified, talented and result oriented candidates to assist in Migration and Foreign Employment project for the following positions:
- Number of Position: 1
- Duration: 2 Years contract with possibility of extension
- Develop strategy and program by participating in the discussion with the project team and hence share within the team the lessons and knowledge of thematic approaches
- Implement the project activities by providing guidance and support to the project team and partners in planning activities and in monitoring and reporting
- Conducting research and analysis and drafting reports and other work product
- Coordinate activities of support staff, consultants, faculty, interns and/or paralegals engaged in implementation and administration of program objectives
- Supervise and train lower level staff, employees, volunteers, and/or interns, as appropriate
- Help develop appropriate advocacy strategies in co-operation with the team
- Take a lead in coordination and consultation meetings and communication with respective stakeholders
- Extensive travelling in provinces 2 and 5
- At least three years of working experience in managing projects especially in Migration and Labour related issues
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Management, Human Rights, Law, Sociology or related discipline(s). Master’s degree is preferable.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on foreign employment and labour migration related issues
- Proficiency in the both English and Nepali language with added skills of Nepali typing (required)
- Research and excellent written and verbal communication skills will be an asset
Interested candidates meeting above mentioned requirements are requested to send their application along with recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions will remain open until filled.
Deadline for application: 15 February 2019