The Law and Policy Forum for Social Justice (LAPSOJ) is an organization established by lawyers working in the field of rule of law, human rights, and constitutional issues. The organization holds an expertise in research and strategic litigation with some of the pioneer human rights lawyers of Nepal mentoring the organization. We are involved in jurisprudence setting litigation in the Supreme Court of Nepal.
LAPSOJ is seeking applications from qualified, talented and result oriented candidates to assist in Migration and Foreign Employment project for the following positions:
- Number of Position: 1
- Duration: Annual contract with possibility of extension
Under the overall guidance of Program Manager, the Research officer shall work under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator. The research officer shall have following responsibilities”
- Update project team with the laws and policies, regulations and bilateral agreements and recent developments vis-à-vis the issues of Nepalese Migrant Workers
- Document the recent news and publications
- Prepare a general briefing paper in a monthly basis on basis of the documented information
- Assist the Program Coordinator in planning, documentation and research writing
- Assist project team in doing the background research e.g. data collection and analysis
- Provide logistical support during the trainings, stakeholders meeting including other office programs
- Undergraduate in Law, Social Work, Development Studies, Human Rights, Sociology or related discipline(s)
- Proficiency in the both English and Nepali language with added skills of Nepali typing (required)
- Data collection and analysis with sound editing skills will be an asset.
Interested candidates meeting above mentioned requirements are requested to send their application along with recent CV to email@example.com. Positions will remain open until filled.
Deadline for application: 15 February 2019